Eating-up Stratford
Bite by Byte

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Racks o' Ribs at the Stratford Kinsmen Blues & Ribs Festival

On Saturday afternoon I made my way over to the inaugural Stratford Kinsmen's Blues & Ribs Festival!

Notice: This is also my inaugural video blog, so just ignore my thumb if it appears occasionally.

It was the actually perfect venue for v-blogging: allow me to share with you the quality of the music I witnessed, which has to be seen and heard to believe. And the folks from Perth County Pork Producers were cookin'-up a true feast with racks o' ribs that any die-hard barbeque fan would want to view in all its smoky spendor.

When I got there around 4 pm, I interviewed Nathan McKay, one of the organizers of the first-ever event, who explained to me the genesis of this great blues jam and its culinary connection...

First-things-first: Before I checked-out the stage scene inside the William Allman Arena, I had to check me out some ribs!


After witnessing the Perth Pork Producers' labour of love, I had to treat myself to a half rack. Tango Cafe & Grill and Foster's Inn were serving-up plates of pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ pork sausages, and of course quarter, half and full racks of perfectly-sauced, fall-off-the-bone ribs!
Then it was over to the music. I wasn't lucky enough to catch Jordan John and the Blues Angels at Savour Stratford last September, but if they're playing the Barbeque, Blues & Brews event again this year (Saturday Septmber 25 from 6 pm to 11 pm), I'm going to park myself right in front of the stage. Jordan John killed it on guitar, destroyed the Hammond B3 organ, and basically tore it up like nobody's business: the guy is going to be a star!

Things just got better as the afternoon turned into night and Wide Mouth Mason rocked the crowd. It all culminated with all of the acts taking to the stage together! The first-ever Stratford Kinsmen Blues & Ribs Festival was a full-on success as both the food and the entertainment would make anyone's blues go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment